TEDxBradfordWomen: The Space Between coincides with TEDxWomen 2012, turning the spotlight on the ideas of women and girls who challenge and redefine the traditional rules and roles ascribed to women and men, girls and boys.
Just occasionally there is a seismic shift in the way women are perceived and represented in the world. This year we experienced Julia Gillard standing up for women in Australian politics and as a result Macquarie Dictionary redefined what it is to be a misogynist! But most of the time it is small everyday happenings that shift perceptions and redefine roles in all our lives.
To celebrate those working to challenge our ideas and rebuff the stereotypes we have brought together a group of engaging, fun and inspiring speakers to talk about issues ranging from mental health and gaming, to publishing and to feminism in the Middle East. Speakers
- Kaye Elling, No Girls Allowed: Censorship & Bullying in Games
- Emma Bearman, Playfulness & Subversion for Serious Change
- Debs Gatenby, Hi Anxiety: Me My Mum Our Mental Health
- Mary Clear, Wise Women Working for a Kinder World
- Khadija Ibrahim, Leeds Young Authors
- 9:30 am - Registration & Coffee
- 10:00 am - Session 1 (Kaye Elling, Emma Bearman)
- 11:00 am - Session 2 (Debs Gatenby, Mary Clear, Khadija Ibrahim)
- 12:15 pm - Lunch
- 1:30 pm - Simulcast 1: Fact & Faith (9 speakers)
- 3:45 pm - Simulcast 2: IQ & EQ (8 speakers)
- 5:15 pm - Close
TEDxBradfordWomen is hosted by Impressions Gallery, Photography that gets people looking, thinking and talking.